DVD support for linux

Hello,
    I getting ready to purchase a new system but before I do I need to know
some stuff.  First does Linux support dvd drives.  What video card should I
get?  If I have a choice between SCSI and Ultra ATA system which should I
get?  SCSI is a little more expensive but is it really worth it?  Is AWE 64
PCI supported, or AWE 64 ISA?  Also is there really a big difference between
66Mhz bus and 100Mhz bus.  I heard that it is just for the memory?  Also AGP
info on that?

Thank you Very Very Much,

Curt Spann