Re: sound problems

Robert Rati <ratirh@cs.purdue.edu> writes:

> I'm having problems getting my sound card recognized.  I think it is
> because my sound card is pnp and isapnp is loaded after the sound is
> initialize (ot attempted to be initialied).  I have a SB/WSS card on my
> motherboard, and got the IRQ and IO setting from Win95.  I've read all the
> FAQs and howtos, but nothing seems to work.  Can someone tell me things to
> try?  The settings for my SB ar IRQ:5, IO:220, DMA:1,5 for WSS are
> IO:530,388, IRQ 12, DMA 3.  Since it is PNP though, windows might be
> changing  the IRQ values.  Any suggestions?

Have you got isapnptools installed and /etc/isapnp.conf edited?
If you add "sound" to /etc/modules everything should work.
In what way does your setup differ?

Jens

---
         Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de           grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37

Like the genre it is meant to satirize my article is a mélange of
truths, half-truths, quarter-truths, falsehoods, non sequiturs, and
syntactically correct sentences that have no meaning
whatsoever.
                    --- Alan D. Sokal on his article in Social Text