2.0 upgrade after poor cp and repartition

It mostly went well. Thank you for the rescue floppy!!!!
Only 3 things went badly.
The rescue floppy cured whatever it was that I did wrong with lilo.
There wasn't anything in /root except the default installed scripts.
  It would be nice to know where to get another copy of those.
The backup of /dev missed a few things somehow.
  I haven't been home to check for a copy of /dev/MAKDDEV yet, which
  was suggested as to help another question. It boots and runs lots of
stuff fine. But, I know something is broke because bootup has errors
  that slip by before I can read them.

O.K. it was an imbarrassing non-success. Maybe I need to refine my
technique for adding new disk and repartitioning.

2.0 is coming and I would like advice on trying to upgrade from this
system 1.3.1. Or doing a reinstall when I can get a hold of a 2.0 CD.
Note drool.

Juice --have fun --harm none