obtaining pgp

I'm still trying to get a Debianized copy of pgp.  I'm running hamm and
using
the apt method in dselect.  My /etc/apt/sources.list had the entry:

    deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US/ frozen/binary-i386 main
contrib non-free

but gave me 404 errors when I tried it so I changed the above to:

    deb ftp://ftp.de. ...

assuming that the ftp server might work better on the ftp port.  This
gives me

ERROR
ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/frozen/binary-i386/contrib/binary-i386/Packages.gz
  Unable to exec scheme /usr/lib/apt/methods/ftp

That directory contains an executable http file but no ftp file.

How do I obtain the ftp method??

TIA