Re: Wyse 50 Dumb Terminal

newser@its.barnard.columbia.edu writes:

> Has anyone successfully connected a Wyse 50 terminal to their debian
> box?  I have one hooked up to my serial port, but I can't seem to
> properly configure it. I get a login prompt and entering the username
> seems to work fine. However, the password you type shows up on screen as
> regular characters (i.e. not blanked out), and it doesn't register the
> enter key. Since it won't read the password without enter, login
> eventually times out.
> I'm running hamm and installed the termcap-compatibility package (1.1.1)
>
> I launched the getty with "getty 38400 ttyS0 wy50" and tried different
> bps rates and different terminal types (vt100, wy50-mc).

I have got an HP 2392 A working here.
In it´s menu there´s an option to switch editing/line editing on or off.
If one of these is on, login has the same behaviour as you describe it.
Maybe there´s something similar in your wyse.

HTH,

Jens
---
         Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de           grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37

Like the genre it is meant to satirize my article is a mélange of
truths, half-truths, quarter-truths, falsehoods, non sequiturs, and
syntactically correct sentences that have no meaning
whatsoever.
                    --- Alan D. Sokal on his article in Social Text