Re: a simple drawing program?

"Richard E. Hawkins Esq." <hawk@eyry.econ.iastate.edu> writes:

> Is there a simple, easily usable, drawing package that's been debianized?
>
> I really don't need anything more complicated than venn diagram type stuff.
> MacDraw 1.0 would more than meet my needs.  I've looked at gimp, which is
> overkill (and annoying on an 8 bit display due to colormap demands), and tgif,
> which seems to want to rotate my text and do other fancy stuff, as well as
> being a bit awkward in the interface.
>
> rick

I strongly recommends xfig.  And you can export for several formats that can
be included in LaTeX, including PostScript.  I suggest eepic, however, since
you can use LaTeX (mathemathical) labels in your picture.

from man fi2dev:

       -L     Set the output graphics language.  Valid  languages
              are box, epic, eepic, eepicemu, ibmgl, latex, null,
              pic, pictex, ps, pstex, pstex_t, textyl, mf  (META­
              FONT) and tpic.

--
Alair Pereira do Lago  <alair@ime.usp.br> <http://www.ime.usp.br/~alair>
Computer Science Department -- Universidade de S~ao Paulo -- Brazil