Yamaha OPL3-SAx and master volume

Hi!

I recently bought a sound card which seems to have a OPL3-SAx chip.
I managed to compile a kernel for it (2.0.32 with OSS/Free), but
now there is no master volume control bar. I have been using an OPTi
82C931 for some time, and with that card it was possible to change
the master volume. I know that those card do differ, but both use
MSS/WSS as sound driver.
Going through the source code (ad1848.c) I noticed that the 82C930 has
some strange habits, so I guess 82C931 has some too.
I've tried to experiment with the registers for the mixer, but the
only results are non-functioning bars.
Is there someone out here that has such a card and/or knows something
about the chip? I'd be very happy if anyone could provide me with the
information I need to adjust these things to get it working.

Now for two other problems/oddities:
1) the sound module complains about "[MSS: IRQ Conflict?]" whenever the
module is inserted. My settings are to use IRQ11 and DMA 3 and 0. I've
tried is with DMA 3 and 3, but still this message. I used the same
settings on the OPTi 931, without this message.

2) Both the OPTi82C931 and this new Yamaha-kinda card seem to be able
to produce 3D sound. (I know, 3D with 2 speakers isn't quite possible and
I don't intend to use it...) Is there a way to get this working in Linux?

Well, that's all for now...
Thanx in advance,
 Maarten Bezemer.