Re: Exim! Address Qualification

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> You can prevent local addresses from being qualified by using the
> following syntax:
>
> receiver_unqualified_nets=127.0.0.0/255.255.255.0:<your lan address>/<your
> lan subnet>
> sender_unqualified_nets=127.0.0.0/255.255.255.0:<your lan address>/<your
> lan subnet>
>
> I am assuming that you simply want mail from <user1> to <user2> to look
> like:
>
> From: user1
> To: user2
>
> You might also need to tweak your MUA.

Thanks.. I tried that, but It did not fix my problem.

I am using the exim rewrite feature with the following rule:

*@<my host>    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
                                            {$value}fail} bcfrsF

This works fine and dandy, but it is applied to all outgoing mail, even
local-->local users... not very good when the address is completely
different. Is there anyway to change this behaviour to local-->remote
only?

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)