Re: Exim! Address Qualification

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Michael Beattie wrote:

> Thanks.. I tried that, but It did not fix my problem.
>
> I am using the exim rewrite feature with the following rule:
>
> *@<my host>    ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses}\
>                                             {$value}fail} bcfrsF
>
> This works fine and dandy, but it is applied to all outgoing mail, even
> local-->local users... not very good when the address is completely
> different. Is there anyway to change this behaviour to local-->remote
> only?

Ok, so if the user is local, it does not rewrite, correct? So put this
after it.

${lookup{$1}leasrch{/etc/local-addresses}@<external-domain>	$1@myhost\
								bcfrsF

The effect is to rewrite the address to your ISP address and then if the
user is local, rewrite it back.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?