Re: Exim!

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Steve Lamb wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 12, 1998 at 10:58:03PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> > You do not need procmail with exim :-)
>
>     Want and need are two different things...
>
> > go to www.exim.org and look up the section in the documentation link about
> > how to use exim's filters. It has the functionality of exim built-in.
>
>     One person may want procmail, but I dare say that if an ISP installs
> exim after using sendmail/procmail they need it lest they break a couble
> thousand procmailrc files from their users.  In that case I doubt directing
> them all to learn a new set of filtering rules is an appropriate course to
> take.

I agree with Steve on this one.. besides, I have a perfectly working
procmailrc that I want to keep in the short term... But unfortuantely,
because of stupid things like pride and opinion, I have not got an answer
yet.. The only scrap of evidence would be that If I look at the procmail
postinst file I might get a clue? (George mentioned that procmail
installed with exim as the MTA works properly?)

Can anyone help with regards to the header rewriting on local mail.. (I
want remote mail rewritten, local mail not.. for obvious reasons)

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

    "If you don't know where you want to go, we'll make sure you get taken."
              -Japanese Microsoft ad slogan translated back into English