Re: Irritating ^H and double characters in documentation

Johann Spies wrote:
  >Several documentation files on the 1.3.1 distribution contains text
  >like this from the Afterstep FAQ:
  >11..  GGeenneerraalliinnffoorrmmaattiioonn
  >Is there a quick way to correct this?

sed -e '//s/\(.\)./\1/g' < infile > outfile

The  is actually ctrl-h (backspace).  To type it in as a real character
at the terminal, you will have to precede it with ctrl-v.

     "And this is the confidence that we have in him, that,
      if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth
      us; And if we know that he hears us, whatsoever we
      ask, we know that we have the petitions that we
      desired of him."            I John 5:14,15