Re: unsubscribe "helper line"

Pann McCuaig <pann@agora.rdrop.com> writes:

>> Does this message strike anyone as significantly less helpful than the
>> former "mail a message with the subject "unsubscribe" to
>> debian-user-request@lists.debian.org" message?  I'll grant you that
>> people screwed that up too, but this seems to be asking for people to
>> get confused.
>
>I'm with you. I think a larger subset of folks will screw this up. I'm sure
>it's an attempt to save a bit of bandwidth, but . . .

    Personally I think it's cool.  99% of the unsubscribe problems [on the
    lists I run at least] are 1) Not knowing where to send the request and
    2) not knowing how to spell unsubscribe.  While the syntax of the trailer
    is sort of catered to those that at least have a couple braincells and
    probably don't need it, it still gives the two important parts:

        unsubscribe
        debian-user-reqest@lists.debian.org

    That's all you really need to say.

                                            -   Jeff

|     Jeff Schreiber       | There is freedom and there is responsibility.  |
|     aka - "Spectre"      | You have obviously figured out the first       |
| schreiber@mx.process.com | but not the latter.                            |
|                          |     (Rob Schmunk - rbs@panix.com)              |