Re: Irritating ^H and double characters in documentation

On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 03:01:43PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> Several documentation files on the 1.3.1 distribution contains text like
> this from the Afterstep FAQ:
> 11..  GGeenneerraalliinnffoorrmmaattiioonn

This is *roff-style bold, which several programs (e.g. less, mutt)
understand.

> Is there a quick way to correct this?

You can filter them through "col -b".

HTH,
Ray
--
UNFAIR  Term applied to advantages enjoyed by other people which we tried
to cheat them out of and didn't manage. See also DISHONESTY, SNEAKY,