Re: Installing gnome

I never assume how much of a newbie you are (-:  Ok, step one.  Go to
www.livenet.net/~shaleh/software and get the imlib packages, you only
need the -dev ones if you intend to compile things.  Install them in
this order: imlib-base, libimlib, libgdk-imlib, imlib-progs (then the
-dev's if you want them).  Now go to www.jimpick.com.  You need libgnome
(and the -dev if desired), libgtkxhtml, gnome-core.  This is enough to
install (almost) any other package desired.  When you download a .deb if
you run "dpkg -I mydeb.deb" where mydeb.deb is the deb package name,
dpkg will tell you what files it depends on.

OR you can wait another week and GNOME should be in slink, and you can
just use dselect to grab it.