Ethernet problems

My connection was fine several days ago,  they took down the lan to do
some work,  brought it back up,  and now I'm having all sorts of
difficulties.  It's a Dayna card (apparently Dayna's lately been aquired
by Intel),  and it's always worked fine with the tulip.c driver.

For a while,  I had no connection.  Every once in a while,  I can connect
to machines on the local subnet but can't get to the internet ... that is,
I can ping my machine (128.175.24.116) from others in 128.175.24.*
generally,  but anyplace outside that subdomain doesn't work,  nor can I
connect to anyplace outside it from my machine.

Sometimes even this doesn't work (and also doesn't work from Win95),  so I
booted to Win95,  pulled out the card diagnostic diskette from the
company,  and it reports failure on the internal and external loopback
tests.  Any hope of fixing this?

                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |