Re: staroffice

On: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:41:05 -0400 Brian Morgan writes:

> One more question on Staroffice (I finally found it and am currently
> downloading it.)  It only comes in a tar.gz version for Staroffice
> 4.  It says it's for OpenLinux.  Anyone know anything about putting
> it on a Debian machine?  I'm running hamm.  Speak easy.  I've only
> been using Debian Linux a week, so any step-by-steps on this would
> be great.

If you extract the file, there is a setup program which should be run
as root within X11.  Look into the readme files for information on how
to install a network version (that is a version which can be used by
more than one user).  IIRC, you only need to specify the /net option.

If your staroffice is not the latest version, you may find

http://www.on-line.de/~michael.hoennig/AutoMultiUserSetupForSO40Linux.tar

useful for saving some space in the users home directory.

	Torsten

--
Whenever a system becomes completely defined, some damn fool discovers
something which either abolishes the system or expands it beyond recognition.