Re: staroffice

On: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:04:30 -0500 Jeff Noxon writes:

>> That's not correct. I downloaded the full software package from
>> their site for absolutely nothing. It's not an evaluation copy and
>> doesn't require you to register or spend money in any way. Try
>> downloading it from their site and if you still have trouble
>> getting it drop me an E-mail and I'll see what I can do.
>
> If it's an evaluation copy, that means it's not free.  It's for sale
> all over the place, and I remember reading a statement from the
> company that the Linux version is no longer free -- although it may
> be possible to download (and apparently is).

The linux version of StarOffice 3.1 and 4.0 is free for private use.
Look into the file README (Erklärung von Caldera und Star Division)
for more information regarding the beta and final versions).  This
section is written in English, even though the section title indicates
something different.

	Torsten

--
Whenever a system becomes completely defined, some damn fool discovers
something which either abolishes the system or expands it beyond recognition.