Re: staroffice

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Brian Morgan wrote:

> One more question on Staroffice (I finally found it and am currently downloading
> it.)  It only comes in a tar.gz version for Staroffice 4.  It says it's for
> OpenLinux.  Anyone know anything about putting it on a Debian machine?  I'm
> running hamm.  Speak easy.  I've only been using Debian Linux a week, so any
> step-by-steps on this would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

Don't worry about the OpenLinux thing, i ran StarOffice 4.0 just fine on
my old Slackware system. One thing I would worry about though (since I too
run Debian) is it working at all. For some unknown reason (I've tried two
different releases of 4.0) after a few seconds it just freezes and I cant
even close the window. I'm running Debian 1.3 (bo) so hamm might fix this.
Please let me know if you get it running ok.

And no, 4.0 is NOT an evaluation copy. Like 3.0, it is completely free for
testing on Linux. The commercial edition you were thinking of is version
5.0 which available in Germany at the moment (elsewhere too?).

.-
Brian Weiss (fudd@efnet)
http://www.got.net/~brian