Re: fvwm2: seems to be reading some hook files twice?

>> "BR" == Branden Robinson <branden@purdue.edu> writes:

BR> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
BR> On Fri, Jun 19, 1998 at 01:13:13AM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:
>> You did check, that you don't have a ~/.fvwm2/main-menu-pre.hook ?

BR> Uh, the main-menu-pre.hook I included WAS from $HOME/.fvwm2.

>> Disable the line and see what happens.
>>
>> The main-menu-pre.hook you sent was from /etc/X11/fvwm2, right?

BR> No.  Why would the fvwm2 maintainer ship menu entries for connecting to
BR> hosts at Purdue University?  :)

You might have added it there, so that all user have these menus.

So the main-menu-pre.hook in /etc/X11/fvwm2 is empty.

Try to add a DestroyMenu before your new menu entries.

You could also try "strace -f startx | grep hook" to verify that the hook
is called twice (and when). Maybe this can clarify the situation.

Ciao,
	Martin