Re: drm-1804x

On 19 Jun, Babs wrote:
> Hiya People,
>
> I work for an isp and am fairly new to linux still, but have some
> experience with recompiling the kernel and module installation and
> configuration. I'm looking for a drv and/or module for a drm-1804x scsi
                                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> external. Have not had much luck finding even a hit of info. Hoping
  ^^^^^^^^
> someone knows what direction to point me in?? Any info would be just
> great!

What sort of device is this?  Who makes it?  As long as your controller
card is supported, then you shouldn't have much trouble with the devices
hanging off it.  There are options in the kernel configuration for SCSI
disk, SCSI CD-ROM, SCSI tape, and SCSI generic (for CD (re)writables
and scanners, among other things).  Also, since it's external, you
should probably make sure it is powered on when you boot up, so that
the controller will recognize it.
--
Stephen Ryan                   Debian GNU/Linux
Mathematics graduate student, Dartmouth College