Re: serving a win95 box

On Tue, Jun 16, 1998 at 02:19:58PM -0500, servis@purdue.edu wrote:
> On 16 Jun, Robert Wilderspin wrote:
> > However, I'm not entirely sure if you can run programs directly from
> > those drives
> Yes, you can run programs from the shares.
This is particularily useful for setup programs that install a (Windows)
package. Just copy the CD-ROM to the linux box and install over the network.

There is one notable exception however: If there are any components in the
path and filename to a 16-Bit executable that are not MS-DOS compatible
(i.e. with more than 8+3 characters, etc) the executable must be copied to
the computer where it will be run, otherwise you get a confusing error
message.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *