Re: upgrading to hamm from pre-bo

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Kendrick Myatt wrote:

> I have one box that is still Debian 1.2, can I upgrade to hamm
> directly, or should I go to bo first?  Unfortunately this is not a
> test machine, so I can't afford to have it crashed.  What's the best
> route for something like this?

I have simulated a rexx->hamm upgrade with APT, you might want to use
that. I can't say if there are any packaging problems but the simulations
looked okay.

Do this after installing apt

apt-get -s install bash

And see if you like the result, if you do then remove the -s and let it
go. Be -SURE- to have few more root shells open. This will get you past
the most risky part of the upgrade. You can then run apt-get
-s dist-upgrade and see if the result is okay.

Run it through 'script' and post the log to
debian-testing@lists.debian.org if anything goes wrong.

Jason