Re: A debian-user question.

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Karsten Bolding wrote:

> For the GUI I'm thinking of either perl-tk or using the visual tcl
> package - any opinions? The GUI will contain radio-buttons,
> entry-fields, file-browser etc. to specify the different parameters for
> the model.

Don't choose either of these without at least first considering tk over
python (www.python.org). Though one could run into religious wars
comparing perl and python, I'm certainly happier modularising python than
I was with perl, and tk seems to be well integrated. I'm in the early
stages of a project with them myself.

> My real question concerns a package that will do real time plotting of
> the results of the turbulence modelling - this is simple X-Y graphs but
> they evolve over time so I need to - at run time - update the graphs
> based on the results of the turbulence calculations. Since I'm not at
> all a X-programmer I would like something a bit more high-level.

Couldn't disagree with another's mention of gnuplot.

Cheers,