Re: Re[6]: pop3 mail problem

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:51:41 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>On Wed, Jun 10, 1998 at 01:41:59AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 18:29:10 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

>> >A few messages back you said that you found qpopper unacceptable because
>> >the POP send is buggy, so you preferred cucipop. Now you say cucipop
>> >doesn't even have POP send. Am I missing something here?

>>     Yes.  You must read the *WHOLE* message and try to comprehend it.

>You're not here to make friends, are you, Steve?

    With people who question my position when it was clearly stated in at
least three messages in the same thread?  No.  I think that is insulting.

>It is probably a simple oversight.

    So simple it should not have been there in the first place.

>Had you reported it, it could no doubt be fixed easily (Miquel has >indicated that he has already fixed some things as necessary).

    And as stated, it was not something I was concerned with doing nor was it
during my time with Debian so what Miquel could do or could not do is
irrelevant.

>I don't think a simple bug such as this is sufficient to comment on the >quality of the entire program.

    I do when it comes to one of the basic functions of the program that
should have been checked at least half a dozen times before it was first
introduced into "stable" code.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my