Multiple IP numbers, one for each Subnet

I'm using a i386 portable with 2.0.34 installed.  I have a requirement to
plug this machine into various subnets, depending on where I'm working
within my organisation.

Is there a way to configure the system so that I can use
(a) 4 or 5 different gateways (only one of which will be reachable at one
time) and
(b) 4 or 5 IP numbers, only one of which will be valid at any one time?

An example:
IP                 Gateway
111.222.1.1        111.222.1.254
111.222.2.5        111.222.2.254
111.222.10.2       111.222.10.254
111.222.200.210    111.222.200.254

<all configured, all accessable, not reconfiguring & rebooting>

IP Aliasing seems to only work within the same subnet, and has to be
re-initialised at each bootup.
many thanks...

     ----** Ian Stuart

Land Rover : A British car that was meant to survive the charge of an
  adult bull rhino and be field-stripped in the jungle with essentially
  a screw-driver and a crescent wrench.

               WWW: http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~kiz/