hamm, logname and gethostbyname
- To: Debian User List <email@example.com>
- Subject: hamm, logname and gethostbyname
- From: Mario Olimpio de Menezes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 16:11:11 -0300 (EST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980609160415.19028A-100000@linux1>
After upgrading to hamm, logname didn't work. From the man page, I
see that it reads utmp. Well, I haven't /var/adm/utmp. Who should create
such file? And why it didn't do?
I noticed that when I start dselect it complains about both
logname and gethostbyname.
Also, lprng didn't work. It complains about gethostbyname doesn't
return valid hostname. I haven't bind running and my /etc/hosts file has
the 127.0.0.0 line as was suggested by somebody in this list. What more
should I try to have my printer working again?
Mario O.de Menezes "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
IPEN-CNEN/SP is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario Prov. 19.21
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org