Realtek rtl8029 PCI Network card installation

 The RTL8029 card is supported by the ne2000 driver in linux.  You need to
re-compile your kernel.  Invoke make menuconfig and under the network
options select the ne2000 driver.  In the pre-2.0.34 kernels this is under
the ISA network card drivers since the ne2000 pci card uses the same
driver.  You can build the driver into the kernel rather than making it a
module, which eliminates the need to add a modprobe line in one of the
initialization scripts.  I wouldn't build more than one network card into
the kernel, but you can leave the others as modules.

I am using the same kind of network card.  Make sure to enable the plug and
play support in your bios or the bios may fail to supply an interrupt
vector to the card causing the driver to fail to probe the card.  (This can
be over ridden in LILO, but since the card has eeprom that must be
configured this may be a mess).  If you have to select between coax, rj45,
or the 15 pin transceiver port this must be done first using the setup
program under msdos or windows.  Some of these cards auto detect between
the rj45 and coax IF they are connect to an active network.  If all the
computers on your network use the same card, someone must startup first! So
you probably need to hard select which port at least one of the cards on
the network is using and start that computer first.  I just configured my
two ne2000 cards as coax since I'm using thin net. (cheaper than buying a
hub).