Zip and CD-rom (almost there)

> Just plug in a zip-disk and check with fdisk that it can be read (at least
> the partition table on the disk).

Ok, just tried, worked OK, it is hdc4. tried to vfat mount it and I can now
read the disk. things are progressing fast now.
> How are you trying to mount them ? The exact commands ?

for CD:
mount -t msdos /dev/hdd4 /mnt
this does not work. Same with vfat
I tried fdisk on /dev/hdd. Here's the output.

fdisk /dev/hdd
you will not be able to write the partition table (this makes sense)
you must set heads sectors and cylinders (hum?)
you can do this from the extra functions menu
Warning: invalid flag 0000 of partition table 4 will be corrected by w(rite)

Ok, so I need the extra-functions menu. Where can I find it and how do I set
it and to which values ?

PS. jongmook. I have kernel 2.0.33 and the Zip works now.

Thanks for the help

Marc
marc@vdvossen.cistron.nl