Re: xauth cannot find libXmu when starting X

Hi Folks,

No one answered my post, but I figured it out....As I stated below, my /etc
file was overwritten by an earlier version.  I took a look at ld.so.conf
and sure enough some of the lib directories were missing.  I replaced them, did
another ldconfig -v, and everything is working fine now.  Out of curiosity, I
wonder why the system did not work before.  ldconfig -p showed the library as
being loaded, why did it not work? Does ld.so.cache get checked by X before

Well, like I said everything is cool now. Take care everyone.

Jeff