Re: Text to Speech?

Marc Lepage wrote:
> I have compiled Festival myself, to support 16-bit linux16audio (/dev/dsp). It
> only supports one audio device, and it appears that the .deb I had used is
> compiled to support 8-bit sunaudio (/dev/audio). That has improved the sound.

festival version 1.2.1-8, which is only available in debian's new unstable
(codename slink), has 16 bit sound support, you just have to edit
/etc/festival.scm to enable it.

> I also have set up the rb_mbrola voice, which apparently is the best. It
> requires the MBROLA synthesizer and one of its voices.

Could you provide me with details on that voice, and where do I get the
mbrola synthesizer? It'd be interested in adding it to the festival
packages.

--
see shy jo, festival maintainer

I'm on a long trip, pardon any delays in my reply.