Re: Compiling a kernel

Hi again,

Thanks to Ralph for his instructions (below).  However, after packaging
the kernel, then installing I still get the following message when I run
lsof:

mort:~# lsof
lsof: kernel symbol address mismatch: el3_probe
      get_kernel_syms() value is 0x2825004; /boot/System.map-2.0.33 value
is 0x1a444c.
      There was 1 additional mismatch.
      /boot/System.map-2.0.33 and the booted kernel may not be a matched
set.

Any ideas what is causing this?

My lilo config is the following:

boot=/dev/hda2
root=/dev/hda2
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
delay=0
image=/vmlinuz
label=Linux
read-only

/vmlinuz is a symlink to /vmlinuz-2.0.33.  This kernel and the file
/boot/System.map were installed by the kernel package.

Thanks for any help,

Chris