Re: Checking Ports? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 12:50:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Marcus Johnson <marcus@hbe.org>
To: John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org>
Subject: Re: Checking Ports?

Sorry for my brevity and thank you for your answer.  I meant ports as in
IP ports.  I tried to start a server-type program but it exits and tells
me that port is already in use.  This seems very odd to me because I
should be the only one using it.  I suspect its still running another copy
of my server.  How can I find out and if it is another instance of my
server how can I kill it?

Marcus