Man-db and hamm

In my old bo man-db package I was able to select the manual pages I
get using the LANG variable.  For example, after installing
manpages-de and setting LANG=de_DE I was getting the german version if
available.

In the hamm version of man-db (2.3.10-63) this no longer works.  Now
it seems that man-db only finds pages beneath de but not beneath
de_DE.  I'd have to change the MANPATH for each single user or modify
the manpath.conf to put the german path before the others making the
chance globally regardless how the users LANG variable is set.

I didn't make any chance to the old and the new mandb.config file.

Does anybody know the reason for this strange behaviour of the new
version?  Is the newer version of manpages-de package to be accused?

BTW: The manual pages beneath de are the man-db ones.  The other as
installed from the manpages-de packages are stored beneath de_DE.

	Torsten