Re: PCMCIA problems for Thinkpad

> > I tried to setup a Debian on a ZIP disk connected to an IBM Thinkpad 750
> > with a PCMCIA ethernet credit card adapter.  I have installed the latest
> > PCMCIA cs, and modules (2.0.29) DEB packages.
>
> Thats not the latest. I have 2.0.31 and I'm not sure whether that's the
> newest or not.

What I meant was I have the latest BO packages for my kernel 2.0.29.

I had a response from someone that filed a bug report about the packages
being built against the wrong kernel.  I have since downloaded kernel 2.0.30
source and the latest BO pcmcia packages for that kernel, and I hope that
helps.  I would go straight for 2.0.33, but there is not a copy of the debian
pcmcia packages for this kernel version.  HAMM and SLINK have these kernel
versions, but require LIBC6.

> > The card manager detects both the 14.4k modem and Ethernet card, but the
> > module 8390 has a slew of problems loading (unresolved symbol I believe
> > was the error, but I don't have the specific list of errors), and then
> > when pcnet_cs modules loads it errors out due to the 8390 modules error.
> >
> > I went back and loaded net/8390.o (instead of pcmcia/8390.o) and I did
> > not get an error and the module loaded okay, but when I loaded pcnet_cs
> > I still had two unresolved symbol errors and that module did not load.
> >
> > I cannot continue my install untill I can mount my CD (via NFS).
> > Everything seems to work except these two modules.  I even get the
> > network link light now, but I cannot bind it to any protocol....
> > arrrrgh!
>
> Which card you're trying to get working?

It is am IBM Credit Card Ethernet Adapter (using 10baseT) which is discovered
by the cardmanager, but wen the modules error out, I am left with nothing
useable.

--Jay