Re: nslookup prompt...

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Jay Barbee wrote:
..

sysjyb> If I simply type 'nslookup' and hit enter to get the ">" and then type in
sysjyb> <address> my Linux box spits the information I wanted originally.  My
sysjyb> resolve.conf has "nameserver 127.0.0.1 <next DNS> <last DNS>".
sysjyb>
sysjyb> Why can I not simply type 'nslookup <unknownmachine>' and get back what I
sysjyb> am hunting for?
sysjyb>
sysjyb> --Jay Barbee

resolv.conf has to have each nameservr setting in a separate line AFAIK

best of luck

Regards,                                              Imagine Technologies
Oommen                                            16,Shaffee Mohammed Road
   				      	       	              Rutland Gate
eMail: oommen@imaginetechnologies.com			   Chennai 600 006
       oommen@imagine.co.in 					     INDIA
**Please note the change in Tel. #'s  ->      Voice: 91-44-8211733/734/796
                                               Fax : 91-44-8225341

-> Pls do not include other recipients of mails when u reply, unless necessary
-> All FORWARDED mails are send "AS IS" & need not reflect my opinion/ideas
-> My opinions are not to be attributed as my company's unless stated so