Re: How to account CPU idle time waiting for I/O?

Hello Fernando!

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Fernando Fernandez wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Can anyone point me to some info about how to find how much
> time the CPU is wasting waiting for disk I/O?

maybe this is Ok if you want to do some "benchmarks":

try it with the time command, for instance:

time cp some_file to_some_other_file

There is also a programm called bonnie in
sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/benchmarks (or something like this)

There are hundred or sunsite.unc.edu mirrors over the world
(ftp.doc.ic.ac.uk)

I hope this helps,

	Ulisses