HSK,TRS, and deskwriter (mac version)

While I' at it, thinking of printers, I received the following the last time I
looked at attaching my old HP DeskWriter (mac version) to my linux box:

>>The other option is to just hook the printer up to the K6, making sure to
>>map HSKo to RTS on the K6, and then run the PC's serial port at 57600.

> this done, what happens--does it act like the ibm version of the printer?  It
> would certainly be easier to resolder a few pins than to keep an extra system
> up & running.

Not really resoldering, just making sure that you make a cable that, if
hooked into a mac using DTR (HSKo) handshaking (drop DTR when the mac
wants the PC to hush) it would work right.

AFAICT, there is no "Mac" or "IBM" version of the printing commands. The
only differences are in the external connection hardware.

Can anyone tell me what this means?  (this came from the mac bsd list)  What
would I do to a db9-din8 cable to achieve this?  or is this a software
configuration issue?

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.