Re: Netscape #2 doesn't fit on the screen

Martos-Riano wrote:

> Ed Cogburn wrote:
>
> > Keith Alen Vance wrote:
> > >
> > > I have just installed Netscape Communicator 4.05  on my Debian 1.3
> > > system and I am having alittle trouble.
> > >
> > > Problem #1 Netscape does not resolve all domain names. It will go to the
> > > Gimp site but not AfterStep or Netscape homepage. I am assuming that it
> > > has something to do with reverse DNS or something. It says the the host
> > > debian is not valid. It is looking at my system name and trying to
> > > resolve it as a domain name. What do I need to change to make it so I can
> > > go to all web sites?
> > >
> > > Problem #2 Netscape does not fit correctly on my screen. I can't resize
> > > it because the blue bar at the top is off the screen. Is there a keyboard
> > > command I can use to resize the Netscape window. Can I just make it full
> > > screen? I am running Xfree86 3.3.1 and AfterStep 1.4.
> > >
> > > Thank You,
> > > Keith
> > >

> >         I can't really help with Problem #1.  Do you have a PPP connection to an
> > ISP, or something more complicated?
> >         With problem #2, can you 'grab' (with the mouse; put arrow over side edge
> > and press and hold button 1) the side of the Netscape box and pull it
> > up/down so the top blue box is visible?  This may depend on the window
> > manager you are using (I'm using fvwm95).  If all else fails, you can hack
> > the '~/.netscape/preferences.js' file and modify the window size manually,
> > so that it fits.
> >
> > --
> > Ed
> >
> > --
>
> I have been told you can give the size of the programms in .Xdefault,
>
> Netscape.geometry:= 700x600
> Netscape.Mail.geometry:= 900x700
>
> and so on for News, Composition, and other programms.
>
> HTH,
>
> dm

	Yes that will work too, but Netscape keeps its own track of what the user
wants for the sizes of the various windows.  It stores this in
preferences.js.  It is easier to get the values in preferences.js right by
just setting the windows the way you want them and then 'Close' them within
Netscape (with a 'proper' exit, Netscape will record the window
dimensions).  This is easier than manually editing Xdefaults (IMHO of
course).

--
Ed