Netscape not resolving some domain names

I have just installed Netscape Communicator 4.05  on my Debian 1.3
system and I am having alittle trouble.

Problem #1 Netscape does not resolve all domain names. It will go to the
Gimp site but not AfterStep or Netscape homepage. I am assuming that it
has something to do with reverse DNS or something. It says the the host
debian is not valid. It is looking at my system name and trying to
resolve it as a domain name. What do I need to change to make it so I can
go to all web sites?

Problem #2 Netscape does not fit correctly on my screen. I can't resize
it because the blue bar at the top is off the screen. Is there a keyboard
command I can use to resize the Netscape window. Can I just make it full
screen? I am running Xfree86 3.3.1 and AfterStep 1.4.

Thank You,
Keith