Re: !!! URGENT !!! Can't boot back to Win95

>> If you downloaded it not in .deb form, the patch for FAT32 support is
not
>> included... The .deb version does... I had to figure that out about 3
>> weeks ago..
>>

>I would really suggest not using .deb kernels. The reason they have FAT32
>support is because they are just the standard default bins. They are not
>configured to run on your system. They therefore are not very high
>performance. They usually take up way too much memory because they include
>all kinds of things you probably dont even have. It is always good to
>compile your own kernels. Try it, you'll find it makes a HUGE difference.

Use the kernerl-source-2.0.33-9.deb (latest) as the kernel source package
to recompile.  The standard 2.0.33 source package (sunsite, tsx-11, etc)
does NOT have the latest patches.  I made the mistake of trying to add the
patches to the debian source package (which already had them) and it
REMOVED the patches (reverse patch).  This is the default action of patch,
and I didn't know what it (I) was doing at the time.  I think the fat-32
option is in the internal code section (code page) of the menuconfig script
as it is bundled with other stuff.