Re: I burned hamm on NT and now all the files end with ~1.

Kevin Traas (ktraas@netmaster.ca):

> You probably burned it as a Joliet filesystem... not supported under 2.0.x
> kernels....

yes, but at least the current debian 2.0.33 kernel is already patched for
joliet.

> To burn it for use under Linux, you have to burn it as iso9660 with
> RockRidge Extensions....  However, I don't know of any software on Win95/NT
> that supports that.  (Adaptec CD Creator Deluxe does not.)

I suppose mkhybrid does :-)

I don't know where I found them, but somewhere I found a port to NT. IIRC
it's using Cygwin.dll. I never used it, but it IS available.

Rainer

--
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB