Re: How to convert Microsoft mail to Netscape mail ?

Daniel ANDRE wrote:

> Ionut Borcoman at musa wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > As I try to move all my files from Win95 to Linux, I would like also to
> > move my e-mails from the MS Outlook to Netscape Mail. (At the time I
> > started to use Win95, Outlook from MS Office looked OK, but now I have a
> > different opinion.) Outlook can import messages from Netscape, but
> > Netscape doesn't have such a filter.
> There is a technical note on netscape home page (don't have the exact
> url on hand)

I went through something like this a while ago...I was moving from exchange
to netscape mail...I found a program that will do the conversion but...costs much
$$
for a licence....and I only needed it once so I wasn't about to pay for it!
I would bet that outlook uses the same mailbox format as exchange so...
get MSIM (Microsoft Internet Mail)
it has the ability to import exchange mailboxes and convert them to its format
(which is a real hack up of unix standard mailbox format...all the messages and
headers are stored as ascii text but the line before each message that is usually

"From" had weird charicters...8 bitters)
anyway..there is then a program on the net somewhere (search for it)
that converts from MSIM to Eudora...which uses the same mailbox format as
Nutscrape
(which is standard maildir format...used by pine etc)
-Steve
(and all that worked without paying the $700 or so to get the other program...
then my hard drive crashed loosing all of that anyway....sigh....)

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and