Re: How to convert Microsoft mail to Netscape mail ?

Hi,

Ok, it is solved. As Daniel said, I've found on the net a program to
convert from Microsoft Internet Mail to Eudora Mail or to Netscape Mail.
The program for this is at:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9276/ie42nsc.html

It's a small program that's doing all the job. Very nice. So, you just
have to
1. import the message folder in Outlook Express (which has plenty of
import filters);
2. rename the .mbx files to .in;
3. run the command line:

D:\Mail>for %i in (*.in) do IE4toNetscape.exe %i

4. For each new file, create a new folder in Netscape mail (keep the
names).
5. Copy the converted files in the Netscape directory (ussualy
~/nsmail/)

Thanks for those who replied.

Ionutz

Stephen Carpenter wrote:>

[snip]
> anyway..there is then a program on the net somewhere (search for it)
> that converts from MSIM to Eudora...which uses the same mailbox format as
> Nutscrape
> (which is standard maildir format...used by pine etc)
> -Steve
> (and all that worked without paying the $700 or so to get the other program...
> then my hard drive crashed loosing all of that anyway....sigh....)
[snip]