Re: Folders in pine

Ana Graca Silva wrote:

> Hello!

> I really don't know how to configure pine to select mails based on the
> subject of the messages and to redirect them to different folders.
> Can someone help me?

There is a really good reason that you don't know how to do that..its becausepine
is a mail reader and doesn't do that :)
(well ok it might do that but there are better ways)
procmail is one of those better ways...
you will want to write a .procmailrc for processin gmails...
this is a file with a number of "recipies" for delivering your mail and is very
very
powerfull.
for example...(I don't redirect by subject but you can)
a recipe I use is :
:0
it has many options...check the man pages for procmail and procmailrc
(you may also need to ass a line like |procmail to you .forward to get it to
work)
-Steve

> I'm using smail, debian 1.3.1
>
>    |\___/|
>     .0.0.
>    (= - =)     Ana Graca Silva
>   uuu uuu ags@uevora.pt  http://uevora.pt/~ags
>
> --

** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and
 to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful
 and his children smart."
 -- H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)