Re: 2.0.33 is no good for lic6-dev ?

On Fri, May 15, 1998 at 04:11:46PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>

> 	Well, try putting in -I/usr/src/linux/include for every file
>  compiled in the tree; and see if that improves things.
>
> 	At the last resort, you can try mkdir /usr/src/tmp; mv the
>  2.0.32 headers there, and create a symlink from kernel-source-2.0.33
>  to kernel-headers-2.0.32; compile the module, and restore things to
>  the way they were for the other 99.99% of the code that is well
>  behaved (or less dependent on kernel versions).
>
> 	manoj

Well...you could do that...but it is MUCH simpler than that
first go into /usr/include
mv linux linux-deb
mv asm asm-deb
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux linux
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm asm
then go into the oss directory and make clean
make sndshield
once it is finished make sure it works (soundon)
then just go back to /usr/include and switch the links back
remember...it doesn't even matter whether /usr.include or
anything in it exists unless you plan on compiling
somethin...so changing it for a short time wont
hurt anything
(also.. make sure you compile the kernel with th eoption sfor
modual version ON..)
it has been my experiance that OSS doesn't like the debian "stock"
binary kernel image (from the install) for 2.0.29 ...maybe differnt
for 2.0.33 but I had to change some options (I think it was the
one I mentioned above...I might be wrong tho)
-Steve

** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and
 to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful
 and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)