Re: 2.0.33 is no good for lic6-dev ?

Rev. Joseph Carter writes:
 > On Fri, May 15, 1998 at 04:11:46PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >
 > Thr problem with OSS/Linux is that it grep's autoconf.h to see if you have
 > the right configuration for module support and versioning.

Sorry I could not quite follow you all the way. Let's see if I got it:
since, in a Debian machine, autoconf.h is not at
/usr/src/linux/include, because it is at the kernel-headers (and not
kernel-source), then what happens? How did it get to think that
sndshield was compiled against 2.0.32? Or: was it compiled against
2.0.32?

How can I workaround this?

> This is STUPID
 > and WRONG,

What is the right was, then? Maybe OSS people should be suggested a
better way, if one exists. I found them to be always very prompt to
help me.

> but then it's just one more example of what a shoddy piece of
 > crap OSS truly is.

No offence intended here, but by your reference, then, the kernel
sound card support is a shoddy piece of sh*t :^> ... Let's make things
better...

Thanks a lot!

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com