Re: Netscape - can't locate libXt.so.6....

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Kevin Traas wrote:

> >> You could do:
> >> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/X11R6/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
> >>
> >> Or, what you really should do is configure you dynamic linker properly.
> >> Insert the line "/usr/X11R6/lib" into your /etc/ld.so.conf
>

> >I bet this line is already there :)
>

> I forgot to mention in my original post that I'd ran `ldconfig` with `-v`
> (?) and the lib showed up in the list, so I know it was being found and
> cached properly.....  I hadn't actually checked the conf file, though....
>
> >The problem is that netscape is libc5-based applaication and you need to
> have
> >all libc5-based libraries installed , i.e. libc5, xlib6 (in addition to
> >xlib6g), xpm4.7, libg++27.
>

> Well, I'll get these packages (available for Hamm?), install them and give
> it a try....

>From the description of the hamm netscape3 installer:

Package: netscape3
Version: 3.04-3
Section: contrib/web
Maintainer: Brian White <bcwhite@pobox.com>
Depends: motifnls, ldso (>= 1.9.7-0), libc5 (>= 5.4.0-0), libc6, xlib6 (>=
3.3-0), xpm4.7 (>= 3.4j-0)
Recommends: mime-support
Suggests: imagemagick
Conflicts: netscape, netscape-beta
Provides: netscape, www-browser, news-reader, mail-reader
Replaces: netscape, netscape4, netscape-beta
Architecture: i386
Filename: dists/frozen/contrib/binary-i386/web/netscape3_3.04-3.deb

If you use this package with dselect, the dependencies should be handled
for you.  Ditto with netscape4.

Bob

----
Tucson, AZ                  AMPRnet:  w6swe@01.w6swe.ampr.org