!!! URGENT !!! Lost access to my system

Hi guys,

Today I have wanted to log in my system and I have received the message: "Your
account has expired. Talk with your system administrator". Or something like
this. I've try to log as root, and received the same message. As I'm the system
administrator, where should I go now ?

My system boot with loadlin and is hamm (frozen). Lilo doesn't want to work as
my first primary partition is a vfat2 of 2Gb.

I have installed shadowpassword, a step that I regret very much now, but nobody
warned me. I have received no warning about expiration yesterday. So what's
this all about ?

TIA,

Ionutz