loadlin problem

I have a partition on my W95 hard disk with Debian loaded; and I boot via a
floppy. I want to switch to booting from W95/DOS; so I tried loadlin.
Put it into a directory with Linux, root.bin), and tried it.
  loadlin linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin

It won't work until one reboots into protected mode DOS first;
unconvenient, but OK. (There are fast reboot tools for windows, seems like
this would be a nicer way to go..)

It boots, but then it wants to do setup, more like a rescue/setup disk that
a boot disk. Is there a better way?

Even then, When I ask it to mount an already initialized partition (option
G), it lists partitions, but not the linux one. If I ask it to list all
partitions, it shows the ext2 Linux partition, but the mount initialized
partion doesn't list it. ??

Thanks.

Greg Guthrie
Dr. Gregory Guthrie
guthrie@mum.edu         (515)472-1125    Fax: -1103
       Computer Science Department
       College of Science and Technology
       Maharishi University of Management
      (Maharishi International University 1971-1995)