Re: Debian dead?

On Sat, 9 May 1998, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > I know, I know ... Bonser, get off your ass and contribute but the truth
> > is I have already had to beg off of two projects that I DEARLY wanted to
> > contribute to so that I can start a new project at work (hopefully using
> > free software and Debian Linux).
>
> If you have much time, become Debian maintainer or even developer. If you
> have little time, try to fix bugs. If you have no time, ... hey, how can you
> use Linux :)

It is a matter of budgeting the time.  Example, I just peeked at email
when I SHOULD be on my way to the park to watch a Little League baseball
game staring a 7 year old that is important to me.  Familly and employment
require great amounts of my time. I am trying to get some of my work time
devoted to linux time.

> Yes, the probelm is that there are some showstopper bugs. However, not every
> developer is capable of fixing them. The time and knowledge of every developer
> is limited, and why is it wrong to upload packages to slink if one can't fix
> one of the critical bugs?

I suppose I will have a close look at what is going on and see if there is
something I can do this weekend but I don't have a lot of time ...
Mother's Day and all that, you know.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?